Air-Radiohead.com

Jonny travaille sur la suite de Junun!

hunting android · 22 · 17675

Hors ligne hunting android

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
Ça sort le 9 juin et un premier single vient de sortir!

Edit: c’est apparemment un autre projet mais certainement bien celui qu’on avait pris pour la suite de junun).
« Modifié: jeu. 13 avril 2023, 16:23:17 par hunting android »

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
Le single

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BDn_K9hEAEM&ab_channel=WorldCircuitRecords

During the Last year I recorded a joint album with Johnny Greenwood

Jarak Qaribak (from Arabic: your neighbor is your relative).

This is one of the most significant moments I have experienced as a musician.

Today I can finally share with you that the album will be released on June 9th.

Our shared curiosity for Arab music and culture inspired the idea for the album -

where we renew works, and collaborate with artists from all over the Middle East.

We are a small country among all the Arab countries and Arab culture - its customs are deeply rooted in Israeli culture.

Many of us in Israel are descendants of people who came here from different places in the Middle East. It's no coincidence that Friday afternoon was the highlight of the week for many of my generation and their families, when from every window in the neighborhood we could hear the songs from the Arab movie being shown on TV.

For me it was an amazing experience to record the project together with the mighty Johnny Greenwood, one of the most influential and important musicians of the current era. And a dear friend that life brought us together.

I am very excited and hope that the large audience in Israel will be able to reconnect with such a close and rich culture that is within and around us, and feel that in this difficult time we are still able to distinguish the culture and the common and beautiful things between us.

Edit: added the IG post and YT video + links to pre order.

2nd edit: Album mixed by Nigel Godrich

3rd edit: Jonny qouted in Israeli media: "We didn't want to think of this (Project) as a political statement. However, I am aware that anything you do on this side of the world, turns political immediately, even if it is purely artistic, it might be especially true if the act is in fact artistic."

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
Oui moi aussi, j’aime beaucoup la musique orientale, encore plus quand elle se pare d’éléments plus contemporains. J’avais déjà beaucoup aimé Interzone, le projet solo du guitariste de Noir Désir et Junun, donc j’ai hâte d’entendre ça en entier!

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro

Hors ligne kid armor

• Floodeur pro
ERREUR
« Modifié: lun. 12 juin 2023, 22:25:30 par kid armor »
everything in its right place !?!

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro

Hors ligne Lucius Snow

• Bidule
La chance !

Je fais une parenthèse au passage : quelqu'un du forum a déjà eu l'occasion d'échanger quelques mots en face à face avec un membre de Radiohead ? Racontez votre expérience  :love:

J'ai pu obtenir un autographe de Nigel après le concert du Réservoir en 2003. Il était au bar, je l'ai interpellé en lui tendant un stylo et la setlist qui était scotchée au sol face à Thom. Il me la rendue signée en prononcant un petit "bonne soirée" en français.

EDIT : Le bide complet  :aie:

« Modifié: ven. 23 juin 2023, 11:37:35 par Lucius Snow »

Hors ligne climbatize

• Bidule
Histoire de ne pas bider complètement, je vais te répondre : non je n'ai jamais échangé avec un membre de Radiohead. Voilà  :D

...par contre, je me suis fais dédicacé un vinyle de Beak par Geoff Barrow (de Portishead) et Billy Fuller en 2018.  Et j'ai pas osé demander à Geoff des nouvelles de Portishead... ;)

Hors ligne dawnchorus

• Bidule
Jamais échangé non plus et à vrai dire ça ne m'intéresse pas vraiment :)