hunting android · 331 · 127769

Hors ligne dawnchorus

• Bidule
ça corrobore l'article que j'ai lu.
ça semble legit :)

Hors ligne cris_

• Floodeur pro
D'ou ça vient tout ça?
La démo de Nude et Motion Picture Soundtrack au piano (avec les 3 couplets surement)  :nico54: :nico54:

Sur Reddit:

SIDE 1
Let Down (acoustic)
[UNKNOWN SONG WTF]
Motion Picture Soundtrack (piano acoustic)
Climbing Up the Walls (creepy little girl spoken word version)
[Karma Police sketches]
2 Fitter 2 Happier
No Surprises Please
Talk Show Host (early version)
SIDE 2
Climbing Up the Walls (trip-hop version)
[Paranoid Android sketches]
An Airbag Saved My Life
Big Ideas (Don't Get Any)
The National Anthem (early version)

OH. LÀ. LÀ.

On est d'accord que le contenu de la cassette est censé faire l'objet d'une version téléchargeable aussi ?

Hors ligne hunting android

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
oui  :xcited:
Je crois même que je vais me racheter un lecteur cassette pour l'occasion  :nico54:

Hors ligne Lucius Snow

• Bidule
Impressionnant cette liste ! C'est peut-être ça la vraie valeur ajoutée de cette réédition. Un vrai trésor  :miam:

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
Petite review de la cassette!

But hang on, there’s more. For the utterly besotted there’s the now-customary “Super Deluxe” version, complete with a lavishly illustrated book and a C90 cassette, the contents of which appear to have gone under the radar in the run up to this release. It’s been described, with typical understatement, as a “mix of session archives”, suggesting it’s strictly for the hardcore.
And initially it feels that way; dizzying bleeps, studio found sounds, pretty but inconsequential doodling about – the sort of thing that completists listen to once and then file away. But about seven minutes in a version of Let Down emerges from the bluster, all campfire-like acoustic guitars and double-tracked, resigned and vulnerable vocals from Yorke. It suggests that the song was brought to the sessions fully-formed and is so strong that lesser bands may have left it that way, that they didn’t only emphasises the invention and wit poured into the arrangement of the final version. Next comes a genuine surprise and a song that doesn’t appear to have previously surfaced online, despite the forensic approach that Radiohead enthusiasts take to the shadowy corners of their career. It begins in a chirpy fashion, with bah-bahs not a million miles from Bacharach’s I Can’t Take My Eyes Off You or The Beach Boys’ I’d Love Just Once To See You, before Yorke coos sweetly about “the joy of the uprising” and a “brief release of some hope”. On this showing it’s not quite an unreleased classic but fans will need to hear it
The collage-like nature of the tape continues: sound effects that do a decent job of mimicking a slow-motion explosion; chilling strings that sound like precursors to Jonny Greenwood’s work on There Will Be Blood; Yorke attempting to outscream Frank Black through a fuzz pedal. And then a moment that totally stops you in your tracks – a minimal, piano and voice take on Motion Picture Soundtrack, later reworked as the closing track on Kid A. Yorke sounds mere millimetres from the mic, investing the performance with goosebump-inducing intimacy. To these ears it’s one of the performances of his career, he begins sounding utterly wounded until – as if revelling in the places his voice is capable of taking the song – it ends up becoming something quite defiant.
The remainder of the first half is taken up with what sounds like a young girl reading an expanded version of the nightmarish Climbing Up The Walls lyric that is creepy beyond belief; revealing insights into the creation of the Karma Police refrain; a Herzog-like short story on the wonders and potential terror of nature read in the Fitter Happier voice; an acoustic No Surprises with alternate lyrics and a stripped-back Talk Show Host with totally different lyrics that feels like the disconsolate sibling of the more adventurous version that saw the light of day. The revelations keep on coming on the second side of the cassette. We’re treated to an early version of Climbing Up The Walls with a brilliantly detached vocal from Yorke over an arrangement that leans much more prominently towards the skeletal beats’n’bass of the trip-hop acts who were making a stir a little further West. There are a series of rough demos and what sounds like soundboard recordings of various sections of Paranoid Android in the first flushes of development (magnificently wigged-out, whirling dervish-style organ solo, come on down!) and a bare-bones take on Airbag, again featuring embryonic lyrics.
There’s another heart-stopping moment for the faithful with a studio demo of Big Ideas, later released on In Rainbows as Nude, a title that may have puzzled listeners – not anymore, as it’s revealed the original chorus was “What do you look like, when you’re nude?” It veers off in unexpected directions as the band look to explore the song – again, the organ takes a pummelling with what’s presumably Jonny Greenwood adding a prog-goes-to-the-fairground feel to one of the instrumental breaks. Though Yorke doesn’t seem to have settled on the final lyrics, he absolutely sings the hell out of what he’s got. As far as insights into the Radiohead creative process come, the most telling thing here might be the least successful. While in its Kid A form, The National Anthem is a pulsing, bass-driven thing that builds to a hysterical, thrilling free-jazz blowout, an early version here reveals that it could very easily have resembled the sort of latterday U2 track chosen to soundtrack Goal Of The Month reels. The lead guitar lines are unsettlingly reminiscent of the sort of thing that snugly denim-clad men who really should know better might “crank out” when trying out a new guitar in an attempt to impress an unfeasibly bored music shop attendant. It’s very un-Radiohead. But halfway through, that lead line eases off, a more unsettling part becomes more prominent, as does the bass, and we see the potential of the song. That Radiohead had the self-awareness to sit on it, rather than go for the drive-time jugular says so much about their intuitive good taste, and the prolonged success it would bring them.

Hors ligne the lukewarm

• Bidule
Je kiffe mon choix du coffret. Bisou-biceps, bisou-biceps !

Hors ligne dawnchorus

• Bidule
pas besoin de lecteur cassette
dans l'édition spéciale il y aura un coupon pour télécharger la version digitale
"23 tracks will be available to you on 23rd June and a download of the cassette will be inside the box. "

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
Oui mais le plaisir n'est pas du tout le même.
Rien de tel que rembobiner une cassette audio pour que le retour dans le passé soit parfait  :lol:

Hors ligne kid armor

• Floodeur pro

Hors ligne climbatize

• Bidule
Pfiouuuuuu le contenu de cette cassette me caresse l'échine...

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
"If we ever do anything like this for Kid A, there's SO much material, we had so much time and we did so much recording. For OKC, I only had 20 multi-track tapes so if we didn't like the take, I'd record over it so there's only so much that has survived" -
Nigel dans une interview récente.

Commençons à économiser pour la super édition Kid Amnesiac/ Minotaur edition en 2020 2021... :et:

Hors ligne Lucius Snow

• Bidule
Commençons à économiser pour la super édition Kid Amnesiac/ Minotaur edition en 2020 2021... :et:
:lol:

Oulala mais Let down a été métamorphosée sur la version remastered. Et j'ai pas encore écouté sur l'ampli à tubes. Mon dieu  :love:
« Modifié: ven. 23 juin 2017, 14:12:28 par Lucius Snow »

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
J'ai téléchargé la version 24bits, je m'écoute ça en sortant du travail  :love:

Hors ligne Empty

• Bidule
alors alors alors

J'avoue qu'au début j'étais un peu froid à l'idée de me replonger dans ce que je considere comme leur meilleur album et comme étant une sorte de coup de génie improbable de la musique.
La version remaster je peux pas trop dire en ce moment j'écoute de la musique avec spotify ...  :hehe:

I promise, oui mais non. clairement non.
Lift j'adore l'intro qui ressemble a une chute de fin de chanson. le reste c'est du pinkpop thom ciré jaune. C'est cool mais ca me laisse un peu froid.
Puis j'ai écouté les faces-b. Et là ça fait mal. Pas parce que le remaster change quelque chose à mon niveau ça change que dalle. Mais alors niveau nostalgie j'ai pris un de ces coups de vieux ça ma rendu tout chose de ré écouter lull a reminder pearly.  :(
Pour moi ok computer c'est l'album intouchable c'est mon graal. Ce coté twenty years edition super gold rolling stones tournée star 80 ça m'inspire pas. J'aime mon vieux vinyle que je me traîne depuis 10ans et ça me suffit.
Je regrette aps trop de pas avoir acheter la box, meme si le cd2 à un coté bien fichu qui me fait changé d'avis sur la démarche générale.

Quant à man of war.
Alors j'adore la version 2017. Une voix de thom tres clairement tres 2017 dans les intonations. J'arrive pas trop à savoir si les parties guitares sont d'époques. J'ai du mal a imaginer jonny ré attaquer sa guitare aujourd’hui de cette manière. Si c'est le cas le melange des deux est super bien foutu. Le piano du début fait un peu cheap mais le reste m'emballe beaucoup. La basse est comme toujours monstrueuse. La fin aérienne m'a surprise. Ce son de guitare saturée très reverbé avec l'orchestre et la voix de thom rah. ca dure 30 sec mais merde c'est beau.

Et là c'est le drame par curiosité je reécoute les chutes studios de mpie et je me rends compte du fossé entre les deux. Cette version 2017 sonne tellement lifté amsp que ça me gene. finalement c'est spectre2. Alors que dans mpie la guitare de thom dissonante, les choeurs, l'oppression est palpable, cruelle et urgente. Ya rien à faire a cette epoque il y avait ce 'mal être' un peu fou mais tellement beau qui ressortait tellement plus que maintenant ....
Il ya clairement 20ans entre les deux, et meme si j'adore cette version je crois que tuerais pour avoir la version 97 de cette session studio. Ella a la touche magique d'ok computer  :spamafote:
Un coté cathédrale en feu.
« Modifié: ven. 23 juin 2017, 14:54:57 par Empty »