Air-Radiohead.com

Revue de Presse de RH

Lum · 856 · 507600

Hors ligne Kzrystof

• Sklavax
Citation de: "Luména"

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/article/article_complet.php?path=/actualites/article/19/2,721,0,032005,962353.php

Bon ben Krystof, j'attends la version papier hein  :hehe:[/quote]

Oxfam.... Je crois que ma femme est abonnée à ça... Par contre le Soleil, euh, je ne savais même po que c'était un journal  :hehe:

Hors ligne Lum

• Floodeur pro
Citation de: "The Guardian"
'I'm going to drive everyone slightly crazy'

What on earth is Radiohead's guitarist doing curating a classical music concert? Jonny Greenwood reveals all to Tom Service
Jonny Greenwood is contrite when I first meet him in the studio near Oxford where Radiohead first cut their teeth. "Sorry about my hand," he says. "It's not sweat, it's burn ointment." Radiohead are rehearsing again, working on new material, and Greenwood, their guitarist, is hard at work. Have the fingers on his right hand been burnt by trying to play too hard and too fast? "I only wish I could play faster," he says.

Greenwood, the youngest member of Radiohead, is a musical obsessive. This month, as well as working with the band, he has had time to develop the classical side of his musical enthusiasms. Over the past couple of years, Greenwood has been turning himself into a classical composer. He has already written one work, Smear, for the London Sinfonietta, Britain's most important ensemble for contemporary classical music, and last year he was appointed the BBC Concert Orchestra's composer in residence.

And now he has curated a concert as part of the South Bank's Ether festival with the London Sinfonietta. His programme features a revised version of Smear, as well as a new Greenwood work, Piano for Children, and his favourite pieces by classical modernists Gyorgy Ligeti, Penderecki, Henri Dutilleux and Olivier Messiaen.

"I feel embarrassed talking about it," he says. "I'm so patchy. I'll be obsessed with a few composers, and know nothing about the rest." It's hard to agree with his modest assessment. After all, he was an accomplished viola player before the lure of the guitar seduced him. However, his classical obsessions have already found their way into Radiohead albums. "I get these enthusiasms which can drive the band crazy," he explains, "but I just say: listen, French horns are amazing, we've got to find a way of using them. Or I'll say, it would be great if this song sounded like Penderecki, or Alice Coltrane. And it's childish because none of us can play jazz like Alice Coltrane, and none of us can write the kind of music that Penderecki does. We've only got guitars and a basic knowledge of music, but we reach for these things and miss. That's what's cool about it."

With the Ether project, Greenwood is setting himself up in an ostentatiously classical context. However, he has experience behind him: he first worked with the Sinfonietta last year, when he wrote Smear. "They're a great orchestra," he says, "because they're up for radically changing things at the last minute. I cut six minutes out of Smear during rehearsals. I'm really looking forward to hearing the new version; it's a bit shorter and a bit fuller in its orchestration."

The new piece, Piano for Children, is scored for strings and John Constable, the Sinfonietta's star pianist. "He has played the part through with me," Greenwood says, "and made some great suggestions. There's something about classical musicians - they tend to be totally without ego, and so enthusiastic, but also just so talented."

Smear reveals another of Greenwood's obsessions: as well as strings and wind players, it's written for two ondes martenot, the weird electronic instrument so beloved of French composer Olivier Messiaen. "I first heard the ondes martenot when a teacher at school played us Messiaen's Turangalila Symphony, and I heard it swooping along with the strings. But I had no idea what it looked like, and then finally, about four or five years ago, when we were doing Kid A, I found one in Paris."

Greenwood is now a one-man PR campaign for the ondes martenot. He taught himself how to play it, mastering its keyboard and electronic ribbon, which produces the dizzying whoops and whistles. And he met the instrument's most famous virtuoso, Jeanne Loriod, who was Messiaen's sister-in-law. "Just before she died, I interviewed her, and I was telling her how rubbish I thought synthesizers and keyboards were compared to the ondes martenot, but she was saying, no, synthesizers are great as well: she was in her 70s and she was more broad-minded than me. But I think the ondes martenot is wonderful. It puts you in total control of the pitch and expression, and it's as close to singing as I can get. It's a living thing."

In his Ether concert, he has programmed Messiaen's La Fête des Belles Eaux, a piece for no fewer than six ondes martenots. "It was first done outdoors in Paris in the 1930s," Greenwood says, "and there were speakers hanging on buildings, fountains were illuminated with coloured lights, and there were women dressed in enormous ballgowns dancing to this strange music."

Sadly, we're not going to be treated to the spectacle of Greenwood gyrating in a ballgown in the Festival Hall, but there will be visuals accompanying the music. "We built this laser device when we took the ondes martenot on the Kid A tour, which translates the sound of the instrument into a circle that would start to move according to the pitch that's playing."

After the Sinfonietta collaboration, Greenwood has his position as composer in residence with the BBC Concert Orchestra to look forward to. "It's insane," he says, "because I've got a whole orchestra to myself. I still can't believe it. It's that thing of standing in a quiet room, and experiencing the way the air moves when the orchestra start to play. It's so seductive." In the first piece Greenwood wrote for the orchestra, he tried to get the string players to sound like snare drums and high-hats. "Parts of it were really good, and in another part somebody in the orchestra started laughing it was so bad. I know I'm going to drive them crazy with all these ideas."

So are these the first steps towards Greenwood carving out a classical career alongside, or even instead of, his work with Radiohead? "Radiohead is always going to be the centre of what I do," he says. "Everything starts with songs, and with Thom, and with the excitement you can get in the band when you hear new music, and you know you've got the chance to watch it mutate and change. There's nothing like that, nothing as exciting. We're rehearsing at the moment, and again it's fun. We all want to push forward, and when you have five people who are all like that, you couldn't ask for a better thing."

But the influence of Greenwood's experience with classical musicians will inform Radiohead in the future. "I'll be able to bang on with more confidence about whatever instrument happens to be obsessing me at the moment. Yesterday I was trying to explain how we have to get hold of a clavichord." The idea of Radiohead using a delicate, miniaturised baroque keyboard in their next album may seem far-fetched, but it's all part of Greenwood's boundless musical enthusiasm. He may describe his curiosity as childish, but it's what gives his compositions their energy, and what makes him a musician who effortlessly crosses the artificial divisions between pop and classical cultures.

· Jonny Greenwood appears with the London Sinfonietta on Sunday and Monday at the Royal Festival Hall, London SE1. Box office: 0870 401 8181.

Tuesday March 22, 2005
http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/features/story/0,11710,1443008,00.html

autre article du jour

Citation de: "nme.com"
RADIOHEAD ON CLASSIC NEW MATERIAL!

RADIOHEAD are working on new material – and guitarist JONNY GREENWOOD has spoken for the first time about a rare live appearance next week in LONDON.

As previously reported, new music from members of Radiohead will be played for the first time at the London Ether Festival.

Material penned by Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood will form part of The London Sinfonietta at the London Royal Festival Hall (March 27-28).

Organisers say the events will feature "two evenings of experimentation, collaboration and cross-genre juxtaposition". New music from Greenwood and Yorke will form part of the show, along with more classical composers and traditional Arabic song.

Speaking in The Guardian newspaper, Greenwood explained the challenges of the shows, and how they will influence the next Radiohead record.

He said: "I feel embarrassed talking about it. I'm so patchy. I'll be obsessed with a few composers, and know nothing about the rest. I get these enthusiasms which can drive the band crazy, but I just say: ‘Listen, French horns are amazing, we've got to find a way of using them. Or I'll say, ‘It would be great if this song sounded like Penderecki, or Alice Coltrane’.

” And it's childish because none of us can play jazz like Alice Coltrane, and none of us can write the kind of music that Penderecki does. We've only got guitars and a basic knowledge of music, but we reach for these things and miss. That's what's cool about it."

Speaking about working with the Sinfonietta, he added: "They're a great orchestra because they're up for radically changing things at the last minute. I cut six minutes out during rehearsals… There's something about classical musicians - they tend to be totally without ego, and so enthusiastic, but also just so talented."

However, Greenwood has ruled out working in classical music full-time, saying that his heart remains with Radiohead.

He concluded: "Radiohead is always going to be the centre of what I do. Everything starts with songs, and with Thom, and with the excitement you can get in the band when you hear new music, and you know you've got the chance to watch it mutate and change. There's nothing like that, nothing as exciting. We're rehearsing at the moment, and again it's fun. We all want to push forward, and when you have five people who are all like that, you couldn't ask for a better thing."

http://www.nme.com/news/111787.htm

Hors ligne Plectrune

• Sklavax
http://www.ateaseweb.com/news/

Hop, des petites news que tout le monde a du déjà lire, mais je voulais les mettre ... :)
When you'll say your weakness, I'll say my love.

Hors ligne rag doll

• Professtionnelle de l'immobilier
  • Bidule
j'ai hésité à ranger ça ici ... c'est ça qu'on appelle un poisson d'avril, ou bien ?? :snif:

Citation de: "the pitt news"
APRIL FOOLS- Celine Dion, Radiohead: their careers will go on
By ADAM RAUF
Notes From the Underground
April 01, 2005

Let's Talk About the Thief
Celine Dion / Radiohead
Independently Released
RIYL: Radiohead, Celine Dion, not Radiohead

Hip-hop artists aren't the only ones to capitalize on remake ideas. In the past year, we have seen Jay-Z coupled with Linkin Park and Ludacris with Sum 41. Jay-Z's Black Album has also been remixed with Weezer (to form the Black & Blue Album), Metallica (Double Black album), and The Beatles (the infamous Grey Album by DJ Dangermouse). But we never could have anticipated what was coming from the pop world.

Critically acclaimed Canadian pop songstress Celine Dion has decided to take Radiohead's music and place her voice on top of the tracks. She took the tracks from her album Let's Talk About Love (featuring the awesomely bad Titanic theme song "My Heart Will Go On") and combined it with Radiohead's latest LP, Hail to the Thief, to create the oh-so-cleverly titled Let's Talk About the Thief.

She's redone and "mashed up" (as MTV likes to call it) songs to form killer cuts (and titles) such as: "Miles to Go (Before I Go to Sleep)," "When I Need You and You Begin," "Why Oh Why Do We Suck Young Blood," and "The Reason That a Wolf is at The Door."

But nothing can prepare you for the blowout extravaganza of Radiohead's first single from the album combined with the Celine Dion sobfest. That combination mutated into a track simply called "There There, My Heart Will Go On." The song is about unrequited love that is very strong.

While Thom Yorke's vocals are pushed way into the back of the mix, you can hear Celine's incredibly awesome pipes belting all over the intricate structures and melodies of Radiohead. Any time there is a break in the songs itself, Celine manages to pick up the slack and add words where there weren't words before.

The best example is on the album's title cut (so to speak), "Let's Talk About a Punch-up at a Wedding." The intro has electronic drums and piano until about 30 seconds in. Thom then begins with his "Nononononono's" until the first full minute has passed. Celine found this to be way too boring, so she enlisted the help of Mariah Carey to fill in gaps where she could not place adequate lyrics.

This works extremely well, as Mariah stomps all over the instrumental sections of the song.

Other artists who joined Celine on this record include Michael Jackson (on "Why Oh Why Do We Suck Young Blood"), Barbara Streisand (where they do a duet to the Streisand tune "Sail to the Evergreen Moon"), and Gary Busey. Busey was unfortunately unable to sing any parts, so instead of lyrics, you get many pictures of his face from different movies in the liner notes. One of them states "Stay in school, or you might get Myxamatosis."

The only thing that makes this album suffer is a severe lack of material. This should've been a double disc, even though it pushes 80 minutes as is. Oh, the things we could've had! We were anticipating the sound of Celine's French over the critically acclaimed OK Computer to create the record French Love for an OK Computer. We could've had incredible songs such as "My Friend Left Me (For a Paranoid Android)," "Don't Feel Sorry for me (I'm Climbing Up the Walls)," and my personal favorite, "No Surprises at Seventeen."

So there you have it; this is a star-studded lineup of the best artists in the known world collaborating with the best band in the whole world. Radiohead vocalist Yorke replied with "Bollocks!" after hearing the album, and decided not to give full authority to this CD release.

So instead of Celine making mad dough for her Sony label, she has decided to give away the album on the Internet for free. Bollocks indeed. You can snag it at http://mash.to/omgplz/ltattbbqparty/ Get it while it's hot, and watch out for those nasty pop-up banners!

y a des poissons d'avril qui font peur quand même ... :glob:

Hors ligne PadKidA

• Hippo nain
Parmi les news du jour sur lesinrocks.com :
Radiohead se prépare
Interviewé à propos de la performance inédite et classique qu’il a menée fin mars avec Thom Yorke lors du London Ether Festival, Jonny Greenwood, guitariste de Radiohead, a vendu la mèche sur la préparation d’un prochain enregistrement du groupe. "Nous sommes en train de répéter, avec encore une fois beaucoup de plaisir. Nous voulons pousser les choses plus loin, et quand cinq types partagent cet état d’esprit, on ne saurait espérer mieux", a-t-il déclaré au Guardian. (01 avr. 2005)

:lol2:

Hors ligne Lum

• Floodeur pro

Hors ligne Lum

• Floodeur pro
Veillée pour un commerce plus équitable à Londres

AP | 16.04.05 | 13:56

LONDRES (AP) -- Plusieurs milliers de personnes, dont le chanteur de Radiohead Thom Yorke, ont participé dans la nuit de vendredi à samedi à une veillée dans l'Abbaye de Westminster, à Londres, pour la défense d'un commerce mondial plus équitable.
Plus de 25.000 personnes, selon les organisateurs, ont assisté à cette veillée qui s'est terminée samedi matin par un rassemblement devant la résidence du Premier ministre Tony Blair, au 10 Downing Street. La police faisait état d'un taux de participation de 7.000 personnes.
Les participants ont notamment assisté à une prestation en solo de Thom Yorke. Les chanteurs Ronan Keating et Beverley Knight, de même que les acteurs Vanessa Redgrave et Pete Postlethwaite, étaient également présents.
L'événement était organisé par le Mouvement pour l'échange équitable (Trade Justice Movement), qui regroupe une cinquantaine d'organisations écologistes. «C'est un rappel au gouvernement pendant la campagne électorale que cette question doit être prise au sérieux», a observé le chanteur de Radiohead.
Alors que des élections législatives sont prévues le 5 mai prochain, le gouvernement de Tony Blair, a fait de l'aide aux pays pauvres, en particulier l'Afrique, une des priorités du G8, dont il assure la présidence tournante. AP

et dire que je l'ai oublié  :'(

Hors ligne hunting android

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
Thom plays new song at Trade Justice Rally
April 16, 2005 12:55 PM - Posted by Dylan
The Trade Justice Movement rally, held to address the long-standing issue of poorer countries getting the shaft in trading deals (find out more about this very big problem here), took place last night. As previously reported, Thom and Ed both took part in the protest, and Thom played a brand new song (as well as an old one which has yet to be named) during a five-song acoustic set.

The setlist was:
1. Old Song(????)
2. New Song(????)
3. Big Ideas
4. No Surprises
5. Reckoner

No word on whether or not anyone happened to be recording, but we'll let you know if we find out.

Hors ligne Lum

• Floodeur pro
Citation de: "contactmusic.com"
RADIOHEAD BEAT BEATLES AND STONES IN BEST ALBUM POLL  

British rockers RADIOHEAD are the surprise winners of a Best Album survey with their 1998 record OK COMPUTER.

The PARANOID ANDROID stars beat music legends THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES and MICHAEL JACKSON in the poll conducted by British television network CHANNEL 4.

Half a million people were consulted on their personal favourites in Channel 4's quest to find the 100 greatest albums in music history.

U2 came second with 1987 album THE JOSHUA TREE, and NIRVANA are third from the top with 1991's NEVERMIND.

REM star MICHAEL STIPE agreed with the poll, saying, "OK Computer really stretched and pushed the boundaries of what Radiohead think they're capable of doing. It is a classic and brilliant record."

THE SMITHS guitarist JOHNNY MARR adds, "OK Computer is pretty much a landmark record."

The Top Ten Best Albums are:

1. RADIOHEAD, OK COMPUTER (1998) 2. U2, THE JOSHUA TREE (1987) 3. NIRVANA, NEVERMIND (1991) 4. MICHAEL JACKSON, THRILLER (1982) 5. PINK FLOYD, DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (1973) 6. OASIS, DEFINITELY MAYBE (1994) 7. THE BEATLES, SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (1967) 8. MADONNA, LIKE A PRAYER (1989) 9. GUNS N' ROSES, APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION (1987)
10. THE BEATLES, THE WHITE ALBUM (1968).

17/04/2005 21:33
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/radiohead%20beat%20beatles%20and%20stones%20in%20best%20album%20poll  

Hors ligne Lum

• Floodeur pro
 Thom Yorke brise le silence sur le nouvel album de RADIOHEAD
Par Marc Gadoury [AgenceNews]

En entrevue avec le New Musical Express, Thom Yorke, le chanteur de Radiohead, a expliqué que les sessions d’enregistrement du nouvel album lui rappelait celles de l’album KID A. Le groupe s’est récemment réuni pour répéter et enregistrer de nouvelles chansons pour le successeur de l’album HAIL TO THE THIEF paru en 2003.

La sortie de l’album, le septième du groupe, n’est pas prévue avant l’année prochaine. Yorke affirme que les sessions préliminaires ont vu le groupe changer sa façon de travailler lui rappelant les changements entre OK COMPUTER et KID A.

« Ça va bien. C’est un peu comme KID A, nous traversons une période de changements. Mais c’est bien. Nous y arrivons » explique York.

Parmi les chansons qui pourraient être retenues sur l’album mentionnons HOUSE OF CARDS, GLASS FLOWERS, RECKONER et ARPEGGI.

http://www.showbizz.net/musique.php?article=20050609075636  

Hors ligne Simleouf

• Sklavax
Radiohead vient de proposer l'ensemble de sa discographie en MP3 sur les plate-formes de téléchargement payant. L'intégralité des gains ira à l'association britannique Warchild, qui vient en aide aux enfants en difficultés dans les pays ravagés par la guerre. Les chansons du groupe sont téléchargeables pour 1,50 euro le titre, ou via un abonnement mensuel d'environ 5 euros. Ce n'est pas la 1ère fois que Radiohead prête main forte à l'association Warchild. Déjà l'an dernier, le groupe avait offert un titre inédit en téléchargement.

http://www.mcm.net/musique/filinfo/9767/

Hors ligne hunting android

• Tchou-tchou!
  • Floodeur pro
Rien de neuf mais bon

Des bonnes nouvelles de Radiohead

La suite de Hail to the Thief, paru en 2003, est enfin en route. Selon le site www.greenplastic.com, non officiel mais généralement bien informé, le groupe s’est d’abord réuni en janvier, Thom Yorke présentant alors à ses camarades une poignée de morceaux de sa composition, fondations de quelques-uns des quinze titres apparemment en préparation. L’actuel travail du groupe en studio se ferait de manière "désorganisée", suivant ainsi une méthode très différente de celles généralement utilisées par la quintet d’Oxford, qui aurait déjà bouclé deux chansons d’ores et déjà décrites comme "terminées et surprenantes".

Quelques nouveaux morceaux – Arpeggi, House of Cards ou Last Flowers Till the Hospital –, dont la présence sur l’album est incertaine, avaient déjà été présentés au public lors des récentes prestations caritatives et solo de Thom Yorke ou de sa participation, avec le guitariste Jonny Greenwood, au Ether Festival londonien. L’album pourrait être achevé en fin d’année, pour une éventuelle publication en février ou mars 2006. Reste la question du label : Radiohead, ayant rempli son contrat avec la publication de son dernier Hail to the Thief, n’a pas encore officiellement rempilé chez EMI. (14 juin 2005)

Source: Les Inrocks

Hors ligne Happiness is a warm gun

• Bidule
On sait que Thom (ou le groupe en général) a décliné l'invitation pour participer au Live 8 le 2 juillet prochain. Apparemment Bono dans une interview lui demande de revenir sur sa décision... et nous aussi!! Allez quoi!! Un petit set c'est pas grand chose et puis c'est pour la bonne cause!!

Vous trouvez pas ça dommage vous?
Et d'ailleurs ce Live 8 vous savez s'il sera télévisé sur une chaîne quelconque en direct???

Hors ligne Nouf

• Bidule
bah ouais mais jonny est devenu papa comme c'est mimi, et ils sont trop dispersés en ce moment apparemment.

vrai que ça serait bon un petit live là !!!

Hors ligne nicolas

• Administrateur
  • Floodeur pro
Citation de: "Nouf"
bah ouais mais jonny est devenu papa comme c'est mimi, et ils sont trop dispersés en ce moment apparemment.

vrai que ça serait bon un petit live là !!!

ils sont trop perfectionnistes, s'ils montent sur scene il faut qu'ils soient à100%  au point. ou alors Thom vient faire un ptit truc seul  :miam: